If you are new to the factoring and/or debt consolidation loans industry some of the lingo may be a bit difficult to understand. We decided to dedicate a blog post to show an example of factoring and also to define common terminology used in Factoring & Accounts Receivable Financing. Before we jump into a glossary of terms you should know a few things to have a better understanding. Factoring involves three parties; the factoring client (you), your customer, and the factoring company (us). Unlike bank loans, factoring does not require covenants nor is it based on a business;s credit history, but rather on the creditworthiness of your customers. Factoring typically generates cash within a day of invoicing and the amount of capital available can grow as sales grow.
- Account debtor: This is your client, or the person responsible for paying the invoice.
- Advance: This is the amount of money that the factoring company advances to your company when they buy the invoice. The advance is often a percentage of the gross value of the invoice and is wired shortly after the invoice is purchased.
- Advance rate: This is the amount you will receive immediately for factoring your invoices. Most factoring companies will advance between 75 and 85 percent of your invoices’ deemed value.
- Bad Debt: Bad debt is debt that has a minimal or limited chance of being collected. Bad debt is often written off or sold to a collections agency.
- Reserve: This is a portion of the value of your invoices, represented by a percentage, retained by factoring companies to potentially pay for bad expenses, payment shortages, and other issues.
- Factors: This is another name for factoring companies.
- Factoring Fee: The fee that the factoring company charges to finance your invoices. The fee is often a discount on the gross value of the invoice and is expressed as a percentage that increases over time (e.g. 1.5% per 30 days).
- Factoring period: This is the time between when the factoring company purchases your invoices and when your customers pays the invoice in full. The period typically lasts between 30 days and 90 days.
- Invoice discounting: In some countries, discounting is the same practice as factoring. However, in the U.S., discounting is another name for accounts receivable financing, which is essentially a business loan using your accounts receivable as collateral ― distinctly not factoring.
- Medical Factoring: A specialized form of factoring that is designed to work with medical companies that bill third party private insurance companies, Medicare or Medicaid.
- Notice of Assignment: A notice that is sent to customers informing them that the invoice has been factored and pledged as collateral. The NOA also informs the customer of the new payment address.
- Reserve: A specified amount of funds, often expressed as a percentage of the funding line that is used to cover bad debt expenses and payment shortages.
- Verification: The process where a factoring company verifies the validity an value of a client’s invoice with the customer.
Now let’s try an example with numbers so you can get a better understanding of a real life scenario. You are owed $10,000 from a company whose payment terms are net 60. The factoring company will immediately advance a percentage of the invoice. This particular client has decent creditworthiness so the factoring company decides to advance 90% of the invoice (10% is kept in reserve until payment is received) with a 3% factor fee.
$10,000 w/ 10% Reserve = $9,000 advanced immediately
Once the factoring company received the $10,000 from your client you will receive the different between the 10% reserve ($1,000) and 3% factor fee ($300), In this case you are paying $300 for the immediate use of $9,000.
3% Factor Fee @ $10,000 = $300 cost for immediate use of $9,000
A Small Leader in Business Lending
CapitalFront was launched with a simple premise – create an easy, accessible and rapid process for small and mid-size businesses to fund their growth. CapitalFront strives to bring a wide array of financial products, including merchant cash advance, receivable financing, factoring, SBA lending and fixed rate term solutions, to independent business owners nationwide. Call today or fill out our online application.
Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance
is very much appreciated.
First, you have to unlock them, although in Clash Royale,
you will find loads of distinct soldiers accessible.
Skype has opened its website-dependent customer
beta to the world, right after launching it largely from the Usa and U.K.
before this four weeks. Skype for Online also now can handle Chromebook and Linux for instant text messaging interaction (no voice and video but,
these demand a plug-in installation).
The increase of your beta contributes help for an extended listing of
spoken languages to assist bolster that global usability
Thanks to the terrific guide
Thank you for the terrific post
Very helpful article for those students who’s doing PhD. Thesis writing is not a easy task
knock off white gold cartier love ring [url=http://www.shophbag.nl/category/replica-cartier-love-jewelry]knock off white gold cartier love ring[/url]
ARE YOU INTERESTED OF GETTING A 3% LOAN? IF YES CONTACT US,EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype has opened up its website-based customer beta for the entire world, following introducing it largely
in the U.S. and U.K. before this calendar month.
Skype for Web also now supports Linux and Chromebook for instant messaging
interaction (no video and voice however, individuals require a connect-in installation).
The expansion from the beta brings assist for a longer
set of spoken languages to help you reinforce that international functionality
Skype has launched its online-dependent consumer beta to
the world, after starting it broadly inside the U.S.
and You.K. earlier this calendar month. Skype for Web
also now facilitates Linux and Chromebook for instant text messaging interaction (no
voice and video nevertheless, these demand a
The expansion of the beta contributes help for an extended selection of different languages
to help you bolster that international usability
I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and
interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.
The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about.
Now i’m very happy that I found this in my search for something relating to
Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided brilliant transparent idea
Ӏ ddo Ƅelieve all the ideaas you hɑve introduced for youг post.
Theｙ aree very convincing аnd will ԁefinitely
work. Still, thе posts arｅ tоo short fоr newbies.
Мay you please lengthen tһem a bіt from subsequent time?
Thаnks fоr thе post.
Sick and tired of being bored? There’s nothing at all good to watch on TV these days. How many cat videos can you watch at YouTube? What you really want is some live adult entertainment. That’s what http://www.camgirl.pw is all about. It’s 24/7 excitement like you’ve never seen before. Check it out and tell a friend. Something this good needs to be shared.
I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the
road. All the best
I added a new list. As you’ll see it’s bigger than most of them. I hope you all have had a great week!
I’ve been having issues with my Windows hosting. It has set me back quite a bit while making the next list. This is the current list that I have. I should add another list in less than a week. I’ll let you all know when the next list is ready. Thank you for your patience.